Witchy Wednesdays - Wolfsbane

Witchy Wednesdays - Wolfsbane Wolfsbane is an alpine perennial flower which grows around 3 feet tall with vivid green leaves and clusters of pitcher flowers growing from it. It is a member of the deadly Aconite family. Wolfsbane gets its name from the fact that it was used to kills wolves.In Greek myth, Medea attempted to poison Theseus by putting wolfsbane in his wine.Wolfsbane has been used also as treatment for lycanthropy and as an antidote to other poisons. But this plant is very toxic in the wrong hands.Some symptoms of wolfsbane poisoning include vomiting, sweating, frothing at the mouth, confusion, dizziness, numbness and tingling about the face, mouth and limbs, a burning sensation in the abdomen. Symptoms appear within an hour of exposure and death follows within 6 hours. So yes this is one to be careful with. 


Featured Posts